While I’d hoped to have had this out earlier yesterday, I missed it by a mere 2 hours! So here’s the information like last week:
This Friday, March 17th starting at 10:00 PM Pacific. The servers being migrated are:
- Church (New IP: 184.108.40.206)
- Lilly (New IP: 220.127.116.11)
This means you’ll need to do some DNS changes if you manage your own DNS the new IP’s are listed above. If you use FlockHosting, these changes will be made as sites transfer, all sites will be on a 5 minute TTL which means every 5 minutes the DNS checks for new DNS, this will return to normal after the migration is complete.
I’ve done a test migration of Church, comes in at around 2+ hours to move all data. Lilly comes in around the same but that’s BEST case, may take longer (could take less!) – but sites should be moved quickly as possible.
Now if your MySQL databases aren’t working you’ll want to reset the password on the new server to do this, you’ll need to:
- Login to cPanel
- Select MySQL Databases
- Scroll to the bottom and find the user attached to your site, click “Change Password.”
- Copy and Paste your current password into place and change the password.
This will reset the password to the new secure format + keep you from having to edit wp-config files. However, if you are unsure how to do this, and hit this issue, I’ll be on hand Saturday to assist.
This move should be relatively painless, quick cut-over, all SSD storage now, should give things a bit more pep in their step! This will happen a week from Friday, and then I’ll post the migration IP’s and such then too.
If you have ANY questions before the move, please let me know. If you are unsure how to make these changes on your own self-hosted DNS, please get me a login before, and I can help make the changes. If you have custom DNS in place, in the past the migration process sometimes resets things like MX records, I will have a backup of FH1/FH2, so if you need zone files restored, please let me know.
That’s it! If I have a common set of questions, I’ll make a post of some common ones, if not – prayers are appreciated!
Unsure about your server name? Two options:
- Login to cPanel and then look at the URL bar in your browser, it should have adjusted to the hostname if it reads fellowship or grace – you’re moving this week!
- Login to https://secure.flockhosting.com – from there view ALL products, and it will list the Server: next to each product you host with FlockHosting.
Hope this helps!